[Yaesu] FT1000-MP

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] FT1000-MP
From: n4to@ct.net (Victor A. Dubois)
Date: Fri, 07 Aug 1998 05:25:16 -0400
I just ordered a new MP, a second one, and want to check it when it arrives
to make sure I'm getting a recent unit, not one that has been on the shelf
or the warehouse for years. I know there isn't much I can do even if it is,
I just want to check. Needless to say I'm pleased with my MP or I wouldn't
have ordered a second one. HI

What is the latest CPU version that anyone knows about? Are there any real
differences between an MP manufactured in the last 6 months versus one
manufactured 2 years ago? If so is it worthwhile sending an older MP back
to Yaesu for update? The MP I have has a factory date of 29/03/96 and the
CPU version is 1.30.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Vic   N4TO