[Yaesu] FT-736 service question

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] FT-736 service question
From: geraldj@ames.net (Dr. Gerald N. Johnson, P.E.)
Date: Tue, 01 Sep 1998 21:26:46 -0500
I think there's a couple screws through the back panel. Then the cable
anchor to be removed from the back panel too.

In my FT-736 supply it was the small electrolytics (e.g. all of them
except the two largest one) that were bad. Its a switching supply but
resistors near most of them had cooked them. You shouldn't hear anything
so I suspect the capacitors are on their way bad and causing its
frequency to drift down to something audible.

I used the highest temperature and current rated capacitors I could buy
from Mouser to replace them and it worked fine. Then I hooked up a
quietor external linear supply.

73, Jerry, K0CQ