[Yaesu] Comments on new 1000MP

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] Comments on new 1000MP
From: k9tr@MCI2000.com (Mark Shaum)
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 1998 20:08:23 -0500
As owner of a week-old FT-1000MP, I must say I'm quite impressed with the
technology.  Bear in mind that until now, my newest rig is an early FT-980
(still going strong, BTW, which helped influence my purchase!)

One gripe, though.  With all the bells, whistles, and menu-controlled
functions, why the heck did Yaesu elect to place the sidetone volume as a
hidden screwdriver adjustment on the rear panel??  There are times when I
like to vary the volume, as when I'm pounding away on the low end of 40,
listening through the speaker and the family is trying to listen to TV in
the next room..

So far, that's the only gripe (mebbe the cost is a debatable point, but what
the heck, tower #2 didn't go up this year).  I'm anxiously awaiting a set of
Inrad filters for the 455 i.f..

CU in the pileups

Mark Shaum  K9TR
email: k9tr@mci2000.com