[Yaesu] FT1000MP CW Sidetone Level Adjustment

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] FT1000MP CW Sidetone Level Adjustment
From: WD8ARZ" <wd8arz@ix.netcom.com (WD8ARZ)
Date: Sun, 4 Oct 1998 08:58:08 -0400
The way I settled the Cw sidetone variable volume adjustment is the
following:

Turn the rear screwdriver adjustment all the way down, or barely audible -
owners manual page 19 item 3

Turn on the front panel monitor button, and adjust the monitor volume for
the desired leval of CW sidetone that you want.

Just keep in mind that if you use the FH-1 Remote Control Keypad, or the
software substitue that is available, that the Monitor function (MONI key)
must be off for the Message Monitor Playback without Transmitting feature to
work - Owners Manual page 62. I find it just as easy in this situation to
turn off the VOX or the BK-IN feature instead.

The next time I am in the radio I plan on seeing how difficult it would be
to route this pot remotly to be under the hatch cover.

73 from Bill - WD8ARZ
wd8arz@null.net