[Yaesu] FT-1000MP & YO-100

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] FT-1000MP & YO-100
From: k8js@juno.com (John P Skubick)
Date: Sun, 18 Oct 1998 11:13:17 -0400
You must be one of the very few who got the YO-100 to function OK with
your FT-101.
As I can recall, whenever the YO-100 was used with the FT-101, the
received bandwith
was severely compromised and would be very broad with greatly reduced
sensitivity.
I believe that the problem stemmed from the fact the YO-100 "loaded down"
the I.F. section.

I also recall that Yaesu admitted to many of the users of the YO-100 at
that time
of this undesirable "tendancy" when they inquired about this anomoly.

73.  --John, K8JS

On Fri, 16 Oct 1998 19:46:34 -0400 "Paul Christensen"
<paulc@mediaone.net> writes:

>Has anyone had success in interfacing their FT-1000MP's receiver to a
>monitor scope, particularly the Yaesu YO-100?  Some observations:
>
>1) The FT-1000MP does not make the receive I.F. available on the rear
>panel.
>Why?  Wasn't this a feature on their earlier transceivers?
>
>2) The YO-100/101 works with a receive I.F. frequency in several
>ranges with
>only the FT-1000MP's 455 kHz I.F. being compatible.  However, the
>YO-100
>manual states that an add-on kit is necessary to make this conversion
>to 455
>kHz.
>
>If the FT-1000MP can be made to work with the Yaesu YO-series scopes,
>it
>appears A LOT of modification is necessary.  Comments please.  Thanks!
>
>-Paul, W9AC
>

>--
>FAQ on WWW:               http://www.qsl.net/k7on/yaesu.html
>Submissions:              yaesu@contesting.com
>Administrative requests:  yaesu-REQUEST@contesting.com
>Problems:                 owner-yaesu@contesting.com

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]