[Yaesu] Ignore!

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] Ignore!
From: geraldj@ames.net (Dr. Gerald N. Johnson, P.E.)
Date: Wed, 09 Dec 1998 16:08:30 -0600
Ignore the spammer's request to remove by sending the word REMOVE by
simply replying. It only causes another useless posting to
yaesu@contesting.com.

And most likely if you send to the originator of the spam, that only
confirms its been received and your e-mail address will be burned into
his list to spread to another spam. I've seen the same spam 3 and four
times on the same list even though the spam text promises it will only
be once.

There is no simple solution for spammers. With AOL having distributed
billions of sample disks and CDs its easy to start one, send a spam and
discontinue the address the same minute. I have noticed a lot of spams
lately with aol addresses.

Perhaps if a few annoying spammers were publically hung, it would deter
some but today's society seems to not be afraid of retribution for any
act (witness one William Jefferson...) so that may not work.

73, Jerry, K0CQ