[Yaesu] Summary: FT-990 & FT-920

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] Summary: FT-990 & FT-920
From: jwatson@unix.cde.com (John Watson)
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 1998 19:44:07 +0000
Hello All;

            Well, after receiving well over 20 messages, where owners of
one or both of the mentioned radios gave their thoughts and or opinions
about both the good and bad points of these two radios, it is obvious to
me that the FT-990 will stay, and I will probably add the Timewave
DSP59-Y in my SP-6 cabinet.
            There were many comments that those who have or had the
FT-990 thought it was superior to the Ft-920 in all areas, and
especially with the DSP59-Y.
            There were just a couple of comments that the FT-920 was
superior to the Ft-990, but the tendency was that the addition of 6
meters was the only real difference.
            Several people said that they wished the DSP on the FT-920
worked on transmit instead of just receive.
            My questions were answered and then some. My thoughts on
keeping the FT-990, and adding the DSP-59Y were also confirmed, but as
many of us are curious about the new rigs and differences between them
and what we are using, the best thing to do is ask those who are using
them and get the straight scoop.
Thanks to all who responded to my query, and I hope this may answer some
questions for others.

                                                   John  Watson  KC4TBH