[Yaesu] Pin Diode mod for FT1000D

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] Pin Diode mod for FT1000D
From: robin@g3tkf.demon.co.uk (Robin Thompson)
Date: Sun, 24 Jan 1999 16:49:29 +0000
Hi chaps

Some time ago there was discussion about modifying the front end PIN
diodes to reduce the amount of 2nd order harmonic intermod on earlier
versions of the FT1000 (NOT the MP!!)

Has anyone got details of the best diodes to use for replacement ?

I was very aware recently during an 80m contest with LOTS of really big
signals how the few clear frequencies seemed full of bits and pieces of
cw - but unreadable - I gather these were probably the products of
various signals on the band mixing.
Hopefully a change of PIN diodes may help ?
G3TKF
Robin Thompson
City of Bath