[Yaesu] Another DSP-59Y Question.

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] Another DSP-59Y Question.
From: WmLB@prefer.net (Bill Brannick)
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 1999 16:01:02 -0800
 Yes I do have a little 811H amp and  I am using the REMOTE connector
on the 990 for keying the amp. Since it was freed up my intention were
to use pin 3 on the RTTY connector. I also figured on connecting pin 4
(Ground) to the shell of the RCA connector that plugs into the PTT
line on the DSP unit.

I am measuring between those two pins (3 and 4) I get a couple volts
DC between the those two pins when not transmitting and it moves a bit
to the negative side when transmitting. DC resistance between the two
is about 500 ohms normally and about 20 ohms when transmitting. Could
be I am getting leakage someplace. I am using a old Radio Shack VOM
for the measurements. Probably would be more meaningful with a VTVM.

Maybe I do not need the Ground .. just the PTT sig.???