[Yaesu] FT-1000

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] FT-1000
From: kartys@ncs.gov (Karty, Steven)
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 1999 07:49:20 -0500
I've heard that there are two lithium back-up batteries inside the FT-1000,
one for the tuner and another one for the rest of the rig.  So you might
want to replace both while you're at it (although I've heard that the one
inside the tuner is very difficult to reach).  But my FT-1000 is a very
early model and both of its original lithium batteries are still fine,
because everything works.  So if your batteries are bad, then something else
might have gone wrong which caused them to fail.  You might want to call or
write Yaesu in California for their suggestions before you go too far.
Please tell us what you find, and Good Luck.  73,  Steven - N5SK