[Yaesu] [Fwd: FT-1000 Tuner Question]

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] [Fwd: FT-1000 Tuner Question]
From: wa3gin@erols.com (Dave Jordan)
Date: Fri, 02 Apr 1999 13:34:59 -0500
--------------FC2C0C277B2C848CEC540309

OK folks,

I think we're getting somewhere finally...appears there are two versions
of
FT-1000 tuners...

later,
dave

--------------FC2C0C277B2C848CEC540309

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Date: Fri, 02 Apr 1999 09:36:17 -0800
To: Dave Jordan <wa3gin@erols.com>
From: Yaesu Technical Support <yaesutech@worldnet.att.net>
Subject: Re: FT-1000 Tuner Question

Dave,
        Due to the age difference of the rigs, it is possible that they have
different tuners. This can be checked by looking at the 3rd and 4th serial
number digits. A rig with xx04xxxx or higher has the newer tuner, that will
retune as needed on TX. FT-1000's with xx03xxxx or lower have the old
tuner, which will not retune in TX. The tuners were changed about 1990.
Best Regards, Mike Krueger - N6MIK, Yaesu Technical Support