[Yaesu] FT1000D intermittent

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] FT1000D intermittent
From: K4SO@aol.com (K4SO@aol.com)
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 1999 08:08:06 EDT
>I have a relatively older FT1000D that seems to have dirty contacts
>somewhere. It is sometimes intermittent on receive (received goes quiet by
>3-5 S units) and can be temporarily fixed by cycling from receive to
>transmit and back. I am using the built-in relay (not QSK). Has anyone had
>any experience with cleaning this relay?

>73 Steve AA4V

Try using the RX antenna port when this problem occurs. If you get normal
operation there, I vote for the small reed relay on the LPF Board. There is a
higher voltage rated part available and I think that this replacement was
published as an upgrade/mod. by Yaesu as well. I lost mine in a "wiring
accident" and a friend lost his due to lightning (nearby) on his beverage
antenna. These were catastrophic failures though. The receiver was dead,
except via the RX antenna port. It's a fairly easy repair and under $20 for
the parts and shipping. GL.

73, Mark