[Fwd: Re: [Yaesu] DSP-59Y Query]

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Fwd: Re: [Yaesu] DSP-59Y Query]
From: mlevine@compsol.net (Mark Levine, D.C.)
Date: Mon, 31 May 1999 18:42:24 -0400

John Watson wrote:

> I just received one of the last DSP-59Y filters, and I have a FT-990,
> and the SP6. The question I have is, where in the world do you connect
> the PTT line to on the FT-990?
>
> The only place I can see on the back of the radio is the remote din
> plug. But, and this is where I get confused, what do you do if you use a
>
> linear, and it is "wired" for the remote din plug also?

Yes. I use a Y-cable (male in 2 females out shielded)  off my linear ptt
line. The Din plug on the 990 provides the switch. One rca to the 59y, the
other to the din. Works great, I only need it when using the amp.
                  ___ <din> to ft990
amp -<rca>=====<
                \___<rca>to 59y

> Also, is the PTT line really needed, except for possible feedback, as
> stated in the manual?

In areas of high RF it's needed.

> Thanks for reading my message, and please no flames.
>
>                                                 John Watson KC4TBH

de Doc WB2EQE