[Yaesu] FT-1000MP anomaly

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] FT-1000MP anomaly
From: jbmitch@vt.edu (John Mitchell)
Date: Sat, 10 Jul 1999 18:39:56 -0400
I have an MP (98 manufacture) that I bought used.  It has an intermittent
condition that has only happened twice in two months, but I fear it will
strike again at an inopportune time, or fail completely.  Has anyone
experienced the following and cured it?

Problem:  MP will not go into transmit mode when keyed.  Nothing.  Mic
switch, vox, mox, nothing will key it.  Tapping on the cabinet fairly
strongly cured it last time; the first time it apparently fixed itself after
a few minutes of fiddling around.   There doesn't seem to be any operating
parameter associated, except that both times it occurred, the rig had been
turned off for at least a week.

I'm trying to find a simple fix before shipping it off, and also know that
intermittents can be nearly impossible to troubleshoot until they fail
totally.  Any advice appreciated.  Please reply direct to my email.

73,
John K4IQ
jbmitch@vt.edu