[Yaesu] FT-1000MP

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] FT-1000MP
From: w8tts@gwis.com (Ted Sarah)
Date: Sun, 25 Jul 1999 23:09:43 +0100
Awhile back I wrote the following and received a number of suggestions.
Following is what I've found.

Ted Sarah wrote:

> Has anyone else noted the difference in power output with the antenna
> tuner on and off?  I noted that I was only putting out 50w, external
> meter.  I started testing various things and when I turned off the
> antenna tuner the power went up to 75 watts.  Any comments?

Hooked up a Bird Watt Meter into a dummy load.  Fired up the radio on
14MZh with the automatic tuner off, the meter showed 105 watts out.
Turned the automatic tuner on and fired up the radio again, once it tuned
it showed 95 watts.  I guess it's just the loss that is injected by the
tuner.

Ted