[Yaesu] Kenpro KR600RC (now Yaesu GR600RC) rotator controller

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] Kenpro KR600RC (now Yaesu GR600RC) rotator controller
From: Duncan Clark <drc@dnamp.com> (Duncan Clark)
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 1999 13:14:26 +0100
In message <i3VDrAA6qdA4EwPj@dnamp.com>, Duncan Clark <Duncan@dnamp.com>
writes

>Hi Folks,
>
>I have a problem with a GR600RC rotator controller. It's been fine for
>the last 4 years up until a few weeks ago.

Well having taken the controller apart there was no apparent fault.
Hooked it back up to the rotator and it wouldn't turn, although it wss
fine when I made the original post.

Tilted the tower over with 4 ele HF quad fearing a seized thrust bearing
and noticed water dripping from rotator housing. Took rotator off,
dismantled and poured out a lot of water from the bottom housing. After
washing in distilled water and drying at 50C for 48hours followed by
WD40 it is working fine and the controller follows the rotator direction
fine. There was a small hairpin crack in the top of the terminal cover
and with the continuous heavy rain we had in August/September water got
in and tracked through the terminals into the bottom housing.

There appears to be no damage and Yasue UK have covers in stock. Fingers
crossed it will be back up for the next weekend.

Duncan
G4ELJ
sliced from time to time....

Duncan Clark