[Yaesu] G-800S problem (additional #2)

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] G-800S problem (additional #2)
From: tsarah@gwis.com (Ted Sarah)
Date: Fri, 05 Nov 1999 17:53:11 +0000
The continuing saga of the G-800S controller (not the rotor) that moves every
time the 2M is keyed.  Found out that it moves farther than I thought, instead
of 5 degrees (packet key) it goes 30 (hold down the mic button). Well I've had
time to try a few more things.  Here goes:

    1.    Added the capacitors between each of the 3 control lines and ground.
           Sorry to say it made no difference.
    2.    Changed around some grounds and it helped a little.  Now instead of 30
degrees
           it only moves a maximum of 15 degrees.  Going to try removing the
ground from
           the 110 line on the controller.
    3.    Still NO ANSWER from Yaesu.  Are you guys listening?

Ted - W8TTS