[Yaesu] How to upgrade 990 EPROM

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] How to upgrade 990 EPROM
From: g.nicolaou@cytanet.com.cy (George Nicolaou)
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 1999 00:08:31 +0200
Hi there,

I am trying to help a friend. He has got a 990 with ROM V1.21. Another
friend has the later 1.31 ROM. Is the upgrade simply a chip change?. ie if I
were to copy the 1.31 ROM on an EPROM (using a standard programmer) and
plugged it on the old V1.21 board (in the place of the old 1.21 ROM)  would
that do the trick?

I know YAESU USA does a board change for free but unfortunately, this will
take several weeks to achieve (which means that my friend would have to stay
without a radio for an equivalent amount of time!  :-)

Many thanks in advance

Marios