[Yaesu] FT-1000D

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] FT-1000D
From: mark@marketfire.com (MarkH)
Date: Thu, 09 Dec 1999 19:28:21 -0800

The ROM is user modifiable - I changed the original one myself, upgrading
to 6.0

As the to ROM version - I have 6.0.   Is there really a 6.1?? What if any
differences are there???

I think the dual receive, using antenna diversity, is by far the best
QRM/weak signal method available, especially if you don't have a large
antenna farm.  In my case, I have an old G5RV laying on my roof used as a
secondary receive antenna. There are many times that the combination of the
two antennas (in stereo) will make a signal intelligible, when nothing else
will. If I had to choose between the second receiver, and my Timewave
599zx, I would pick the  receiver in a second. And especially on the lower
bands.

The two things I wish the FT-1000D came with was:

-the ability to make the two receivers tune in synch (the better to use
diversity reception). There is a custom mod that can do this - someday I
will install it, if I get brave enough.

- a bandscope (a la Kenwood/Icom)

So... how much is the radio now selling for?? I heard a rumor that Yaesu
had discontinued it, and was only selling off a (large, multi year supply)
of old stock. When I asked their national sales manager at the Concord CA
ham show a few months ago, he told me that this was completely incorrect.

Regards,
Mark
KM6FM

mark@marketfire.com