[Yaesu] FT-1000D Amp/QSK line

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] FT-1000D Amp/QSK line
From: robin@g3tkf.freeserve.co.uk (Robin Thompson)
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2000 23:24:18 +0000
Perhaps you could share the comments with all of us Steve !??

It IS a pain hearing the clanks of the relay all the time and I end up
by using an external relay to c/o my TL922 with a foot switch that also
switches the FT1000D. I keep the S1002 deactivated to enable (quiet)
QSK and then take "out" the BK-IN switch to enable CW with the amp when
condx demand it !
Presumably Pin2 on the data out is a "5v hi" on tx  and "lo 0v" on Rx.
So do you have a full QSK amp ?? There are mods to the TL922 that make
it full QSK but I have not considered the effort and vacumn relay
involved really worth it over semi QSK using VOX style CW opertaion.

73

In article <200001130357.TAA25050@vector.intergate.ca>, Steve McDonald
<jsm@intergate.bc.ca> writes

>Thanks to all those that helped with my amp relay question.
>
>I understand that the BAND DATA output (DIN plug) has a soft keying line
>(solid state) that will allow me to key up an external relay (ground-on-TX)
>without having to engage S1002, the switch that activates the hard keyed
>relay for external amp switching. This will allow me to keep the silent QSK
>feature for barefoot operation without the relay thwaking away.
>
>Can anyone confirm the voltage/current that this soft-keying line will
>handle and also the pin #...it looks like pin #2 on the BAND DATA DIN plug.
>
>Thanks again.
>
>Steve / VE7SL
>

>--
>FAQ on WWW:               http://www.qsl.net/k7on/yaesu.html