[Yaesu] Esoteric 1000MP vs 1000D question

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] Esoteric 1000MP vs 1000D question
From: k0gu@hotmail.com (Jay Kesterson)
Date: Thu, 03 Feb 2000 13:55:06 PST
A question for CW OPs that have used both the 1000MP and 1000D. I have both
rigs sitting next to each other. I find the receiver performance about the
same except for one thing. I listen to about a 400Hz note. On the 1000D when
I tune in the note it seems like I hit a 'sweet spot' and a weak signal
jumps out of the noise. I never seem to find the same spot on the 1000MP. Is
there any control adjustments I can make to improve the CW response at
400Hz??

Also it seems the APF on the D works better for me than the DSP on the MP.
The APF sometimes makes the signal sound awful. But it still helps. Any MP
DSP hints??

Thanks,

73,  Jay  K0GU    k0gu@hotmail.com