[Yaesu] seeking opinions on 1000MP

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] seeking opinions on 1000MP
From: hfshack@hotmail.com (Geos Major)
Date: Sun, 02 Apr 2000 14:08:19 EDT
John,

I think you may have got a 'Friday' rig. The FT-1000MP I own and two others
I've seen the insides of while doing filter upgrades looked to be
beautifully layed out with all wiring braided and tied. Plug in boards are
not used, they are not needed. Each sub-system is contained in its own
module, and each module is easily removed for inspection, test or service.
'Plug in boards' have their advantages especially for troubleshooting, but
they can also be a source of trouble, especially in damp climates.

Just my $.02 to add to your £0.02. (Does that add up to a Euro?)<g>

73