[Yaesu] ft-920 Serial Numbee

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] ft-920 Serial Numbee
From: baycock@HIWAAY.NET (Bill Aycock)
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2000 21:39:34 -0500
I know people think the SN should not contain those ambiguous letters, but
My 920 starts with '7I'- thats the letter 'I', and- onthe box label- it
appears two places- one place looks like the letter, one looks like the
number-

So- whic letter DID they leave out- to get 'M' as a valid letter.

Bill-W4BSG

At 02:59 PM 4/19/00 -0400, you wrote:
>>> Thanks to everyone who responded about serial number
>>> interpretation. I do have one question though: My
>>> serial number starts with "7M". I would think the
>>> months should end at "L". Any ideas?
>

>You WOULD think that until you saw an "I' which looks just like a "1" at
>quick glance. "I" and "O" are often skipped in numbering schemes for such
>reason.
>
>Pres Waterman W2PW
>c/o Patchogue Motors, Inc.
>Long Island Ford and Kia Dealer