[Yaesu] FT 709 FNB-4A battery pack

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] FT 709 FNB-4A battery pack
From: wj5o@juno.com (wj5o@juno.com)
Date: Sat, 9 Sep 2000 15:28:59 cdt
Hi All,
There's got to be an experienced battery pack person on the list.

I would appreciate help in opening up the FNB-4A pack to replace a
"shorted" cell.
I have previously done this with a FNB-10 pack but the FNB-4A pack seems
different and I don't want to "break" the case.

I removed the retainer ring from the 3.5MM receptacle on the bottom.
I removed the "stick on" plus & minus label.
I released the plastic "detent" and the case side away from the terminals
became free.
Seems to be something I need to do to release the terminal side of the
case.

Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated.

73 Bill   "Sparkling City by the Sea"    WJ5O/B  28.289MHz
              Corpus Christi, Texas

--
FAQ on WWW:               http://www.contesting.com/FAQ/yaesu