[Yaesu] Fan not working in my FT1000D

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] Fan not working in my FT1000D
From: abarstad@bconnex.net (Are Barstad)
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2001 11:04:53 -0500
My FT-1000D overheated last night to the point were I could not even touch
the top of it. I could smell the heat (not burnt electronics - just heat). I
shut it off of course and let it cool down. I am pretty sure that the fan
never came on and when I turned the rig back on again, I used it for a while
(monitoring the heat all the time) but the fan never came on.

Anyone had the same problem? The rig is still under warranty but thought I
could do something myself if it was simple enough to fix that it wouldn't
void it.

Are - VA3ARE

--
FAQ on WWW:               http://www.contesting.com/FAQ/yaesu