[Yaesu] Another FT-840 Power Connector Question

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] Another FT-840 Power Connector Question
From: ki0dz@space.com (ki0dz@space.com)
Date: 20 Jun 2001 21:07:23 -0700
Howdy again,
   Thanks so much to everyone who replied to my previous question concerning
the wiring of the FT-840 power cord.  Now I have another question about it.  I
assumed it was a regular six-conductor Molex connector.  I got one from Radio
Shack, but found out that it isn't exactly right.  The Radio Shack one expects
a hollow rectangle with pins and the 840 female expects holes with pins in the
middle.  Is this connector difficult to find?  I checked MCM Electronics and
didn't see it there.  I  make patch power cords for emergency operations.  It
makes it easier to mix and match power sources (battery, cig. lighter, etc.).
   Thank you for any info...

                 73, Mary-Frances (ki0dz)
Mary-Frances Bartels  ***  ki0dz@qsl.net       (((#)))   ^     ^
http://www.qsl.net/ki0dz   Denver, CO             |       ^ - ^
Order Watkins Products www.watkinsonline.com   -------    (o o)
Beyond Infinity - WWW Services    ^#092389^    |ooOoo|  >{  |  }<
http://members.nbci.com/beyondin               -------         RRR)*

Join the Space Program: Get FREE E-mail at http://www.space.com.

--
FAQ on WWW:               http://www.contesting.com/FAQ/yaesu