[Yaesu] FT900 Remote

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] FT900 Remote
From: rthorne@tcac.net (Richard Thorne)
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2001 18:05:18 -0500
Up until the recent announcement (out of the hf business), Kachina had/has
the best turn key solution.  I was running one for the last couple of years.
Its been dismantled as I'm moving to a qth that allows towers.

I agree with Bill on Kenwood, much more condusive for remote control.  Also
check out TRX manager at http://www.trx-manager.com.  There is some
discussion on remote stations there using vhf/uhf for audio and TRX for rig
control.

I used isdn modems for complete rig control as well as audio in both
directions.  While it worked quite well, I think I would have been happier
with some sort of vhf/uhf link for better audio quality.

PCanywhere worked for me with some control of my Acom amplifier.  Another
package is called Remote Administrator.  It appeared to work a bit faster (as
far as screen refresh's).

Bill Fisher W4AN wrote:

> Go get a Kenwood radio if you want to do remote.  The command set is much
> better and the radios are much more controllable.  TS-570 is a good
> bargain.
>
> Elecraft will be the best bet in 6 months.
>
> 73
>
> Bill
>
> On Thu, 21 Jun 2001, David Jordan wrote:
>

> > Hi Folks,
> >
> > Has anyone used a cellphone with a modem running PC anywhere to operate
> > the FT900 or FT1000D remotely?
> >
> > thanks,
> > dave
> > wa3gin
> >

> > --
> > FAQ on WWW:               http://www.contesting.com/FAQ/yaesu
> > Submissions:              yaesu@contesting.com
> > Administrative requests:  yaesu-REQUEST@contesting.com
> > Problems:                 owner-yaesu@contesting.com
> >

> --
> FAQ on WWW:               http://www.contesting.com/FAQ/yaesu
> Submissions:              yaesu@contesting.com
> Administrative requests:  yaesu-REQUEST@contesting.com
> Problems:                 owner-yaesu@contesting.com

Richard Thorne
Amarillo, TX
Amateur Radio Station - N5ZC (Ex. KA2DSY, N2BHP, WB5M)
Remote Control Planes - AMA # N5ZC
Web Page: http://www.tcac.net/~rthorne/index.html

--
FAQ on WWW:               http://www.contesting.com/FAQ/yaesu