[Yaesu] FT-1000D Diversity and the G3TKF Synchro Mod

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] FT-1000D Diversity and the G3TKF Synchro Mod
From: k3ky@erols.com (k3ky@erols.com)
Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2001 22:02:12 -0400
There is a simple mod applicable to the FT-1000 equipped with
the BPF-1 option, or to any FT-1000D, which allows the main
tuning knob to control both main and sub receiver frequencies
simultaneously. It requires little more than a DPDT 5V relay,
and can be done entirely 'no holes'. I would like to thank Robin,
G3TKF, for originating this very uesful circuit. Anyone interested
can find a fairly complete writeup of the mod in a 3-page series at:
http://www.angelfire.com/md/k3ky/page61.html
The last page, which may be of more general interest, describes
my early experiences using antenna diversity on all HF bands,
160-10 meters:
http://www.angelfire.com/md/k3ky/page63.html

Regarding the general subject of field modifications and Yaesu
'factory' service, I would like to hear from owners who have sent
radios with mods to Yaesu for service. I have heard accounts of
hams receiving their rigs back from Yaesu with all the non-
factory-originated mods pulled out. Is this accurate or not? Just
a minor concern to me, but I am curious. Please reply directly
to my email address and I will summarize answers received if
that is warranted.  73, David K3KY

--
FAQ on WWW:               http://www.contesting.com/FAQ/yaesu