[Yaesu] FT-1000D Filters

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] FT-1000D Filters
From: k3ky@erols.com (k3ky@erols.com)
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2001 14:36:02 -0400
Thanks to Steven, N5SK for the particulars on FT-1000D
missing options. BTW I bought a used FT-1000 and later
got a BPF-1 bandpass filter assembly and installed it.
It was money well spent. Diversity reception is worth the
effort it takes to get it! To my knowledge, the older
FT-1000 and the "D" are the only ham transceivers that
are capable of true antenna diversity reception. There is
a (partial) mod published for the MP, but it is a pretty
major effort to build up the external box that does it, and
it involves getting hold of a BPF-1 anyway and modifying it.
A special ROM is needed to complete the design. This has
been done by a Japanese ham, but is not commercially
available, and I have never seen a complete schematic
published.

Thanks also to Joe, K4IK for the new url of the archive item
I have on my FT-1000D mods page for KD5VC's mod-
http://www.angelfire.com/md/k3ky/page64.html
I had to fix 4 or 5 of them on that page. Everything is
working again. Now I need to do the same on my Flags
and Pennants antenna compendium page, where there are
a lot more urls to fix. I think it is great that the guys at the
Topband archives let this Major Domo guy retire with full
pension, but he sure left a lot of broken links behind him!  :o)
73, David K3KY