[Yaesu] Re: Where is the Fox_tango list these days?

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] Re: Where is the Fox_tango list these days?
From: wsanders@wsanders.net (W Sanders)
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2001 12:54:07 -0700
Thanks for the responses - I found the list but there doesn't seem to have
been any activity since Aug 7. I guess my FT-101's days are numbered. My unit
badly needs alignment - the LO uses different circuits to set freq on trans
and recv on each band, my FT-101 is off 0 to 350 hz between T & R, depending
on the band - I have only a VTVM and frequency counter for tools so I'm not
too confident about being able to get it in tune any better than it is. I also
inherited the unit from by dad who bless his heart seems to have used the rig
for AM CB ops and nearly toasted the finals, I have only about 10 W output on
15 and 10.

Right now the front runner for replacement is a TenTec Jupiter. Alignment is
easy - download new software :-) And how can you go wrong with a rig made in
the USA, on Dolly Parton Parkway.

-wiley KF6IIU