[Yaesu] FT-100D KEYER PROBLEMS - THE FINAL SOLUTION

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] FT-100D KEYER PROBLEMS - THE FINAL SOLUTION
From: kz2g@optonline.net (KZ2G)
Date: Wed, 03 Oct 2001 17:03:37 -0400
Well, gang, i finally fixed the keyer problem on my Yaesu FT-100D.  As u
remember, it was sending R as E-N.  Thi happened annoyingly occasionally.
It wasn't RF.  It wasn't a bad ground.  It was the auto space feature! the
rig's default is EL2.  Set this to EL1 (p. 51 in manual) and that annoying
problem of ur keyer not keeping up with u or it sending erratic characters
like E-N for R will vanish.  Mine has FINALLY!  Let me know if this has
helped u.

Bob, KZ2G
        Omni 6 Plus & FT-100D, C U on CW!
        See my Ham web at www.geocities.com/ram9872002/kz2g.htm