[Yaesu] VFO Shaft Locked Up

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] VFO Shaft Locked Up
From: n4kg@juno.com (n4kg@juno.com)
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2001 23:24:49 -0600
At 0430Z Saturday of the CQ WW SSB DX Contest,
the Main Tuning Control Shaft FROZE UP on my
FT-990.  I assume this was caused by galling between
the shaft and the outer sleeve on the optical controller.

Has this happened to anyone else?

Can it be repaired?

Does Yaesu have a permanent solution to this problem?

(i.e., if I buy a replacement control will it last 'forever'?)

Has this problem ever presented itself on any of the
newer radios?

Tom  N4KG@JUNO.com

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.