[Yaesu] Deaf FT1000D - HELP!

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] Deaf FT1000D - HELP!
From: wa.tworsx@verizon.net (Vince)
Date: Sun, 09 Dec 2001 11:23:07 -0500
Hello Bob:

There is a set of relay contacts on RL7218 within the LPF Assembly, which
is easily accessible with the top cover removed and is located central on
the top chassis, behind a rectangular compartment shield.  There is a
factory modification that is described as "Preventing RX ANT Relay
Failure"  (RL7218) that includes the following:

" When attempting to match a very short antenna or an antenna with a very
short feedline (approx 1-meter), induced transmitting RF can cause the
receiving antenna relay to malfunction. Modify the LPF Unit as follows.
Refer to the drawings on the next page. "

Basically this mod changes transistor Q7203 to a type BN1A4M along with
changing of other components.  As I recall, there was a jumper visible at
the underside of the PCB assembly.

Regretfully, I do not have a scanner available and cannot forward the
details.

Good luck, and I hope you are able to determine the cause and implement
the proper solution.

73s, and Have Fun,
de ~ Vince ~
WA2RSX - IOTA NA-026