[Yaesu] FT-7B on 12 meters?

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] FT-7B on 12 meters?
From: ku4qd@qsl.net (Caitlyn Martin)
Date: 27 Dec 2001 07:03:48 -0500
Hi,

I think, over the years, a lot of us have seen an FT-7B where someone
put an 11 meter crystal into slot 10C or 10D, and I have just seen one
of those again.  That got me thinking:  how narrow is the bandpass
filter for 10 meters?  Could a 39.5MHz crystal for 12 meters be used
without sacrificing 10 meters, or would the bandpass filter need to be
retuned?  Has anyone tried this?

It would be really nice to be able to add 12 meters to the rig without
losing 10 meters.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts or insights.

73,
Caity
KU4QD