[Yaesu] FT-1000 MP problem

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] FT-1000 MP problem
From: dornach@panet.de (Dr. Markus Dornach)
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2001 22:55:01 +0200
Hello friends,

my FT 1000 MP has developed a strange problem - after a few minutes or a
few hours (depending on the room temperature) the TX and RX fails...as
if there is no ANT connected...if you switch it off, wait a few minutes
and switch it on again the failure has gone..and the same game starts
again...you can cure the problem also by simply opening the window so
that cold air can enter the rig...so i suppose that it is a
temperature-related problem..maybe a relay? it is annoying because it is
no permanent problem but always there...has anyone of you a hint for me?

btw: the FT 1000MP is 3 years old..manufacturing date Oct 1998

best 73 de Markus, DL9RCF

ARRL - GERMAN DX FOUNDATION - DARC - HAWAII DX Association