[Yaesu] FT-990 Frequency Hopping

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] FT-990 Frequency Hopping
From: N6EU" <rruggieri@socal.rr.com (N6EU)
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2002 14:11:34 -0000
Started to notice my FT-990 moving around in Frequency during this past =
weekends BARTG RTTY contest.  Rig would jump off frequency a hundred Hz =
or so and then return.  The problem seemed to lessen with time and after =
a warm up but think it still was happening from time to time during the =
test. Dial readout never changed and the frequency deviations were on =
both the TX and RX signals.  Thinking of trying to order the high =
stability TXO option if it is available.   From what I can see this =
problem is on all bands and modes.  Anyone out there heard of this =
problem and have any ideas?

73
Russell
N6EU