[Yaesu] FT-1000MP MK-V & PWR Finals...

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] FT-1000MP MK-V & PWR Finals...
From: nm6e@hotmail.com (Javier Campos)
Date: Thu, 04 Apr 2002 23:02:13 -0800
I have the 1000MP MK-V and after some serious ragchewing for two hours, I
managed to get the radio hot and the fan kicked in.

After completing the QSO, I turned off the radio.  I quickly went to turn the
radio back on and now the radio refuses to turn on.

I notice that the FP-29 supply switches into some protect mode (led flickers on
FP-29) and it appears that something is "shorting" in the 1000MP Mark-V causing
the power supply to go into protect mode and hence the radio never turns on.

I disconnect the FP-29 and check the voltages, measured 13.8VDC and also the
30VDC.

The radio refuses to turn on and nothing smoked.

Any ideas? Are my finals blown/shorted cuasing a short?

Thanks,

javier NM6E

nm6e@arrl.net

Click Here