[Yaesu] VibroPlex Code Warrior Jr. problems

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] VibroPlex Code Warrior Jr. problems
From: kz2g@optonline.net (KZ2G)
Date: Mon, 08 Apr 2002 08:11:12 -0400
I occasionally have a problem with my VibroPlex Code Warrior Jr. iambic
paddles.  When I use it as a "squeeze key," squeezing the paddles together,
it does not send the -.-.-.-.-  but just stops sending.  I checked wiring
and it is fine.  and yet at times the "squeeze-key" works and then does not
work.  my bencher paddles work fine on my Yaesu and Omni 6+ and on my MFJ
electronic keyer.

I thought the ground or another contact on the paddles was bad, shorted,
cold soldered, etc.  nope.  I resoldered, I checked the connections.  spent
3 hours trying to get the paddles to work when squeezed as a "squeeze key"
again.  NOOOOO LUCK!  Ultimately, I had to put the ground contact on one
paddle, by the magnet.  there it works fine as a "squeeze key," giving me
true iambic function.  yet it did work fine as a "squeeze key" once with the
ground wire on the base of the key where VibroPlex tells u to put it.  have
any of u had this problem?  I'm wondering if the paint on the base of the
key paddles occasionally acts as an insulator.  Weird.

Bob, KZ2G --- 10-10 # 10148
        Omni 6 Plus & FT-100D, C U on CW!
        See my Ham web at http://www.geocities.com/ram9872002/kz2g.htm
  Check out my Art Sale at http://www.geocities.com/ram9872002/Artpage1.htm