[Yaesu] FT-990 no Xmitt on 15 &17meters

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] FT-990 no Xmitt on 15 &17meters
From: wa.tworsx@verizon.net (Vince)
Date: Sun, 05 May 2002 13:24:33 -0400
Hello Garth:
I hope that you have already found a solution.
If the FT990 is built like a FT1kD, then the LPF is at the top of the chassis
and centrally located. Look for small coaxial cable for Rx antenna connection.
Within this canned module are a slew of relays that are used for switching
in/out LPF for the selected bands.  I think that 15m and 17m use a common band
pass section.  Trace the connector plug voltages to determine which filter
select relays
are keyed together.
Good Luck,
73s and Have Fun,