[Yaesu] FT1000 MP Mk V

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] FT1000 MP Mk V
From: laurier.stonge@analog.com (Stonge, Laurier)
Date: Fri, 24 May 2002 09:49:37 -0400
Gary, I have purchased the Yaesu 2.0KHz filters and have been using them for a
little while.
Here my verdict, there are only a few times where the narrower width afforded by
this filter
with or without IDBT also enable was of value. The width and shift controls go a
long way
in the mid setting of 2.4KHz to do most of the work required. Last night for
example I was
listening on 40 meters and a local broadcast station about 1KHz up could just
not be
removed... even with notching!

So, the question in my mind at this point is whether or not the 1.8KHz filters
available
from InRad would have been better. Of course there is some fidelity loss but
when you need
to go narrow its nice to have. From my standpoint, they were worth the $260 but
that's only
my opinion!

73's  Sonny W1LSO/AE