[Yaesu] FL-7000 transistor question?

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] FL-7000 transistor question?
From: k3ky@erols.com (k3ky@erols.com)
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2002 23:07:19 -0400
On 12 Jul 2002 at 21:04, David Jones wrote:

> Problem two weekends ago with my FL-7000.
>
> Troubleshooting found the transistor on schematic at Q07 (J09/P56) in PS
> Unit was open.  That part appeared to have marking of B824, but the
> schematic numbers the part as 2SB5950.
>
> Questions:
>
> 1. Any other problems the above scenario suggests (other than the transistor
> we've found)?
> 2. What is a B824?

It is most certainly a 2SB824. Typical shorthand leaves off the "2S"

 3. Is the 2SB5950 p/n accurate as the proper replacement (or its
> equivilant)?

I can't say but probably. The fact that you found an 824 in that
position is prima facie evidence that they are likely functionally
equivalent in that circuit. There are also no doubt many 2N-numbered
devices that would work fine- but you would need to give more details.
You didn't say anything about the package type (TO-220?) or
polarity (NPN?), etc. I could answer better if I had a schematic
to look at.

> Any help would be appreciated.  Also sent a note off to Yaesu tech support
> and I'm waiting on their reply too.

Yaesu tech support apparently rarely or never answers email
inquiries. A phone call is always better. Need the number?
73, David K3KY