[Yaesu] FT1000MP MarkV Filters

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] FT1000MP MarkV Filters
From: esa.p.korhonen@nokia.com (esa.p.korhonen@nokia.com)
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2002 11:05:17 -0500
This is a very subjective topic as there are huge differencies in peoples'
hearing. What's good to my ear may be just horrible to someone else.

I have the 500Hz CW filters for both receivers, in all IF's. I don't need to go
any narrower than that. Go too narrow in a pile-up and you won't hear all
stations calling you....rather learn the "cocktail party listening" style, you
may hear a variety of signals but you can concentrate on listening just one and
use RIT as necessary.

I'm a CW-guy, so my MkV is still in stock condition for SSB. I'm planning to
put in the 1.8kHz filters since my scope mainly is in contesting and even 2.1k
is too wide on a crowded band.

Again, this is just my preference, would be interesting to hear others as well.

73, Esa w5/oh7wv (soon again just oh7wv)