[Yaesu] FT-100-D Cleanup

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] FT-100-D Cleanup
From: dgmaley@soli.inav.net (David G. Maley)
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2002 08:25:41 -0500 (CDT)
Good morning.  I haven't posted to this forum in quite some time.
Managed to upgrade my HF rig from a FT-900 to a '1000D.  This one
is a bit of a fixer-upper.  The biggest problem is that the radio was
filthy.  I've got most of the dust and dirt removed, but for two
locations.  First: There is dust behind the meter/display glass.
It looks like the only way to get at it is to remove the meter and
display/filter.  Wonder if someone has had this same situation and
can verify this?
Second:  I suspect the blower needs cleaned.  The Yaesu technicial
reference manual shows the approximate location of the blower,
but no instructions on how to access it. Was wondering if anyone
has an idea on how to clean this?
All I can say is after using the FT-900 for several years, the 1000D
receiver is spookie.  Thanks in advance.
Dave
WA0ZZG
AR