[Yaesu] DVS-2 bad audio in monitor not on the band ?

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] DVS-2 bad audio in monitor not on the band ?
From: helmut@df7zs.de (Helmut (DF7ZS))
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2002 13:27:25 +0100
Hi there.

I just installed my brand new FT-1000 MP Mark-V. The first impression
is great. I connected all my accesories from the "old" MP but the DVS-2
seems to act different.

Ususllay at the MP - I have the monitor switch on so I can hear my own
audio comming out of the DVS-2 with very low volume. On the Mark-V
the audio comming from the DVS-2 sounds distorted - like very much
HF interfeering with it. I quickliy pluged in the old MP to listen to my =
own
signal and it is 100% fine ! It seems to effect "just" the monitor audio =
out.
Secound guess was HF feedback - I reduced the output to minimum, but
the efect is still there ...

Can someone verify this with his equipment to find out if this is =
standard ?

Not using the monitor switch plays back the DVS-2 audio very loud ! Is =
there a way
to adjust this ?

blues

Helmut