[Yaesu] CAT FT990/FT1000 Problem: Clarifier Tuning

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] CAT FT990/FT1000 Problem: Clarifier Tuning
From: k4oj@tampabay.rr.com (Jim White, K4OJ)
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2002 11:11:48 -0500
I used the Omni VI before the Yaesu...the remote vfo knob for that sat
alongside the keyboard - much easier than moving arm to adjust
frqequency - it was basically a left right predominantly wrist
thing...until you use one it is hard to imagine how much you have been
moving your arms...

I send right handed and had the paddle to the right of the keyboard and
the remote knob to the left - worked real good....only downside of the
Ten Tec was it was strictly VFO and no RIT like the Kenwood/Eklektech
knobs were... they went belly up unfortunately.

73,

Jim, K4OJ