[Yaesu] FT-890 paint restoration

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] FT-890 paint restoration
From: k3ky@erols.com (k3ky@erols.com)
Date: Sat, 4 Jan 2003 02:53:31 -0500
You might get lucky and find that nail polish remover,
laboriously applied with cotton swabs ("Q-Tips") might
dissolve the nail polish but not the cabinet paint. The trick
is to find just the right solvent that will leave your paint
alone.  :o)   It may take several swabs and a good bit of
rubbing, but I am betting that the nail polish remover
may do the job. Try to find some that does not have any
additives. Some include oil to give the illusion that
they are not removing so much skin oil and drying the
skin during 'normal' use. :o)   Avoid those and stick with
the pure formula stuff.
Good luck!  73, David K3KY