[Yaesu] FT-847 HF/50 Mc PA failure

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] FT-847 HF/50 Mc PA failure
From: vr2bg@harts.org.hk (VR2BrettGraham)
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2003 23:09:45 +0000
Curious if anyone else out there has experienced failure of HF/6m PA
section of their FT-847?

I've had two go on me & there is another in town that just did the same
thing.  Symptoms are total loss of TX power, although MONI still works,
suggesting either loss of TX 1st LO or active component further downstream
from there.

Have had no time to attempt to troubleshoot & have failed to get info from
factory on last unit I had which died in the same manner.

I believe units involved were from Lot 3, but I think that's merely
coincidental.

Feedback from Yaesu USA suggests this is not endemic, but I've seen this
fault too many times now... hoping maybe someone has had this happen &
can advise what was the reported culprit.

73, VR2BrettGraham