[Yaesu] FT 1000 and FT 1000D. Difference

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] FT 1000 and FT 1000D. Difference
From: jeflanders@comcast.net (Jerry Flanders)
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2003 14:10:18 +0000
Hi Giovanni

The "D" has additional hardware inside it. Take a standard 1000 and add the
additional filters, a high-stability master reference oscillator, and a
bandpass filter module and you have the "D" version. I don't remember how
many additional filters are required, but I think the "D" has only one main
receiver filter slot unoccupied. You can add another 250 Hz filter to that
unoccupied slot to provide cascaded 250 Hz filters. Without that additional
filter, the "D" cascades the 500 after the first 250, as I recall. The
subreceiver has a slot for an optional 600 Hz CW filter which can be added

They look the same from the front (the logo does not actually say "D", at
least on the one I have), but from the rear you can see the bandpass filter
module installed, along with the additional coax input for the sub-receiver
antenna connection.

It is the bandpass filter module which allows the 1000D to have two
COMPLETELY independent receivers. For instance, you can tune 10 meters FM
on one receiver using a 10M antenna while tuning 160 meters RTTY on the
other receiver on a different antenna. You can even run the audio out to
different speakers. As far as I know, the 1000D is the only ham transceiver
capable of doing all of this. Much more than the usual dual-watch feature
in some radios.

The subreceiver does not have an "S" meter, but otherwise is complete.

The transmitter is the same in both models.

Jerry W4UK