[Yaesu] FT-101E rcv-xmt offset?

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] FT-101E rcv-xmt offset?
From: wsanders@wsanders.net (Wiley Sanders)
Date: Thu Jan 23 11:25:55 2003
This is an alignment issue. There are two trimmer pots that control the
offset, one that controls the offset with the Clarifier off, and another that
further controls it with the Clarifier on, to set the zero point. The
procedure is in the manual, although the English translation is a little
vague. The schematic will show how (these are VCOs). If you are not
experienced at alignment, don't worry about it and just leave the clarifier on
all the time. That's what I do, and I've attached a small adhesive marker to
show the zero point. Call CQ and after a few QSOs you will find the spot. (Its
out of the CW passband on my rig. No wonder nobody came back to my first few
CQs!)

-Wiley KF6IIU