[Yaesu] FT-8500 memory loss

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] FT-8500 memory loss
From: rf-list@centerone.com (Ralph Forsythe)
Date: Mon Feb 10 20:32:44 2003
Ok, I have this old FT-8500 I dusted off this evening...  I had originally
stopped using it because of a problem where if power was removed for about
an hour or more, it would lose *most* memory settings (but not all - very
strange).

I did some Internet searching and found where someone else had the
identical problem a while back, but I never saw a reply on this list to him
so I figured I would ask again, and see if anyone is familiar enough with
the radio to help me out.  I've since been using a Kenwood TM-V7 (that blue
screen is just too cool to pass up), but have been out of Ham radio for a
while.  I'm getting back into it, and would like to make the FT-8500 a base
station perhaps...  Or I might make it the mobile, since it still does more
than I'd ever need.

Back when this first started happening, I replaced the memory battery to no
avail, it still has the same issue.  So is this a common problem, can Yaesu
send me parts (I have not called them yet), or is it something stupid I can
just correct myself easily?

Thanks for the help!
- Ralph Forsythe, KC0CSO